Friday, December 7, 2012

Presidents

So, as I start this puppy back up, I might as well comment on two issues I have been mulling over on this most memorable of days, Pearl Harbor Day.  Today is the such and such anniversary of when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor which officially brought the US into WWII, blah, blah, blah.  Also, Lincoln, a new movie, is out in theatres and I have yet to see it.  I will rent it when it comes out.



The question that arises is, why do we aggrandize those presidents that kill so many people in war.  We should remember today as a horrible day in history and remind ourselves the damage that out of control governments can cause.



I don't remember who said it but I love it, "War is the failure of politics."  We hire these a-holes to keep us OUT of war I thought, yet we hold up every president that got us into war as some kind of hero, no matter how many people had to die.  Now I don't know my history, and believe no one actually knows the truth, but what actions did FDR and Lincoln do BEFORE the wars that may or may not have precipitated war.  Why did every other country free the slaves without civil war, why did Japan bomb us, we weren't doing anything, were we?  Thank you public education system for not filling in those questions.  Anyway, I love the fact that the history is out there and I can find it when I am ready.  



ALSO, ISSUE NUMBER TWO:   I am loving the recent legalization of pot by two bluish states Washington and Colorado.  Oh, what, oh, what will the Obama administration do now.  Here are two states telling the Feds to mind it's own business and actually trying to nullify federal law.  Can Obama just say, "Go ahead, enjoy?"  Well, he could, but then my state, Idaho may say, "Wait a sec, dude, we are going to nullify Obamacare then and, unless you want to act like a dictator, you can't say anything."  We shall sit back, eat some buttered popcorn and watch the greatest show on earth.

No comments: